The abomination of desolation spoken of in Daniel refers to idolatry and spiritual destruction, it has nothing to do with an end-times earthly Jewish temple.
The term abomination of desolation is found twice in the Old Testament, and also twice in the New Testament (Daniel 11:31, 12:12, Mat 24:15, Mar 13:14).
- Many false teachers in the Christian church proclaim that the abomination of desolation was fulfilled when Antiochus Epiphanies sacrificed a pig on the altar of a temple in Jerusalem.
- Others believe that the Antichrist will perform a similar abomination in a future Jewish temple that has yet to be built.
- It is essential to understand the temple that Yahweh dwells in.
Within Christian eschatology, it is almost exclusively taught that the antichrist will confirm a covenant with the jews for seven years. And in the middle of this week, he causes the sacrifices and offerings to cease. Then on a wing of the temple he sets up the abomination of desolation (or better stated the abomination that causes desolations). The word antichrist is a poor translation. Messiah can not be transliterated as Christ. Therefore, antichrist needs to be translated as an opponent of the Messiah.
- The opponent of our Messiah does not confirm the covenant with anyone. He is however very much opposed to the Holy Covenant as set forth by Messiah the Savior who is the image of Yahweh (Dan 11:28-30).
- There will be no seven-year treaty with the jewish people. Also, the man of sin will not break a treaty halfway through the great tribulation.
- The Great Tribulation only has a duration of 3 ½ years (Dan 12:7).
- There will never be a rebuilt jewish temple or a re instituted sacrificial system recognized by Yahweh (Heb 9:26).
- Messiah the Savior is the one who caused the sacrifices to cease (Heb 7:27).
- It is impossible for the antichrist (the opponent of Messiah) to sit in a literal building called the temple of god, at least not Yahweh’s temple.
The introductory articles entitled he shall confirm the Covenant with many for one week, and he as god sits in the temple of god, will confirm the six aforementioned facts. The member study guides will provide critical spiritual insights that will expose the false teachings that are passed off as Christian eschatology. We must not adhere to the Judeo-Christian deceptions.
What Is The Abomination Of Desolation?
Matt 15:8-9 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men
Some would ask, what is the abomination of desolation? A better question would be, what are the wretched spiritual conditions (the abominations), that cause these desolations to occur?
There are six sins that Yahweh hates (Pro 6:12-15). However, there are seven sins that are an abomination to Him (Pro 6:16-19).
- A proud look, as opposed to humility
- Those who are deceitful babblers
- The ones who shed innocent blood
- A heart that devises wicked imaginations
- Feet that are swift in running to mischief
- A false witness that speaks lies
- And he that plants discord among the brethren
The abomination of desolation refers to idolatry, and this includes the sin of self-worship (Luke 16:14).
Matt 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves
An abomination refers to a great sin, whereas the abomination that causes desolations represents the sin of idolatry.
Mal 2:11 Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of Yahweh which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god
Israel committed incredibly wicked acts of whoredoms against Yahweh, and the first Covenant promise would become void to those that violated the conditions set therein (Deut 28:1-64).
Sometimes a bad marriage must end with a divorce especially when adultery is involved; the false house of Judah that committed adultery was also put away for these sins.
Matt 23:37-38 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee…behold, your house is left unto you desolate
When speaking regarding the buildings of the temple our Savior the Messiah declared to his disciples that there would not be left one stone upon another that would not be thrown down (Mark 13:2). He speaks of the abomination of desolation later on in verse fourteen, but makes no reference to this event occurring in a temple setting, and neither does Daniel.
Mark 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains
The final abominable desolation is during the 3 1/2 years of the great tribulation. This is not a temple event, and the day is fast approaching wherein no man will be able to buy or sell because of the little horn that rules the fourth world kingdom.
Prov 29:27 An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked
The abomination that will cause desolation’s spoken of in Daniel confirms the fact that this end- time destruction commences at the beginning of the…
For part two of this study guide, simply click on the Donate tab, then email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your password, then enter that password HERE. For instructions on how to Donate click HERE.