The Thousand Year Reign of Christ
The Thousand Year Reign of Christ is when He establishes His Kingdom on Earth. The Lord will establish everlasting righteousness (Daniel 9:24).
The prayer or petition to the Father, that Jesus taught us, will also be realized through Christ. Thy Kingdom come Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, will be fulfilled during the Thousand Year Reign of Christ (Mathew 6:10).
The Thousand Year Reign of Christ, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Isaiah 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
- Psalms 37:6-13
- The Lord God shall bring forth righteousness as the light, and judgment…
- Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him
- Do not fret because of those who accomplish wickedness
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath and evil
- For the evildoers will be cut off
- But those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth
- The meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight in great peace
- The wicked plotteth against the just
- Adonai laughs at the wicked: for he sees their day is coming.
The use of the word Lord, in reference to Jesus, as Adonai, is used just once in Psalms 37. He scornfully laughs at those that do not know of their demise that will come like a whirlwind.
Adonai, does not sit at the right hand of God, He is the right hand, or power of God. He will shatter the power of the kings of the earth, during the day of his wrath, and the Thousand Year Reign of Christ will begin (Psalms 110:5).
Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
There will no longer be evil or corruption in the holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea (Isaiah 11:9).
Isaiah 11:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord (Adonai) shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
At the onset of the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, Jesus will swallow up death in victory. Our Lord Adonai, will wipe away the tears of His people. And it shall be said in that day, this is our God (Elohim) we have waited for our Savior; this is the Lord (Jehovah) whom we have waited for; we will be glad and rejoice in His Salvation (Isaiah 25:8-9).
Jer 32:17 Ah Lord (Adonai) GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
The Thousand Year Reign of Christ- the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD
God who in the past spoke to us through His prophets, has in these last days spoken unto us by his Son. During the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, He who is appointed as heir of all things, will also be recognized as the one who made all things, including the world (Heb 1:1-2).
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
The Thousand Year Reign of Christ is a literal event that occurs upon this present earth with the existing heavens and seas, although there will be many changes that occur. There are only two complete creation events, and a restoration of the first creation is necessary to repair the damage done to what once was a beautiful planet. Refer to the article entitled sign of the times, and then add to that a probable nuclear confrontation, and the damage done to planet earth by means of the continual wars including the battle of Armageddon, and it becomes clear why the restoration will be required.
In the first creation, God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1). Mankind can choose evil or righteousness during this time period.
In the second creation, God creates a new Heaven and a new Earth, as well as a new holy city called the New Jerusalem. The Thousand Year Reign of Christ occurs before the place that Jesus went to prepare for His children is revealed. This final and eternal destination is reserved for His Elect. The righteous will enter into a timeless, sinless and eternal fellowship with the Lord God.
There are many unique features of this second creation, that are very different from that of the first.
- There is no more sea (Rev 21:1).
- The first heaven and earth are replaced by the second after the millennial reign of Christ, and the New Jerusalem descends from Heaven (Rev 21:2).
- There is no longer a sun nor a moon (Rev 21:23).
- There is no longer a night or darkness (Rev 21:25).
- The only ones who occupy New Jerusalem are those whose names are written in the Lambs Book of Life (Rev 21:27).
- There shall be no more curse (Rev 22:3).
- The righteous shall have access to the Tree of Life (Rev 22:2).
During the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, there are several characteristics that show that this creation of a new heaven and earth (or land), is a restoration of the first creation, and not the second creation.
- We look forward to a new heaven and earth where Christ will bring in everlasting righteousness (2 Peter 3:13; Dan 9:24).
- There are seas during this time period, but the second earth has no more seas, but instead the River of the Water of Life (Rev 20:13; Rev 21:1; Rev 22:1, 2, 17).
- There still are tears shed, sorrow to be had, and death still occurs (Rev 21:4; Isa 65:20).
- This time is an answer to our prayer: thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven (Mathew 6:10).
- The Elect will receive a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give to all that love his appearing (2 Tim 4:8).
- There are still seasons (Zec 14:8).
- The remnant of the nations that came against Jerusalem will come to worship Christ in Jerusalem (Zec 14:16-17).
- Not all reign with Christ, and those that disobey will be punished ( Zec 14:17-19).
- Those of the nations will learn the ways of the Lord (Isa 2:2-3).
- During the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, those who were slain for the Word of Christ live and reign with Him (Rev 20:4).
- This is the promise of the inheritance that the Elect who are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise receive at His coming (Eph 1:13; Eph 3:6; 1 John 2:25).
Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
The great flood was necessary to remove all things that were an offence to God. Likewise at the Thousand Year Reign of Christ, the new heavens and earth that Christ creates at His second coming are cleansed of iniquity and all things that offend.
Matt 13:41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity
The Thousand Year Reign of Christ is a time for the Redeemed that will Inherit Zion. The Elect who are also God’s chosen ones, will take part in the true Second Gathering of the Israel of God.